Grace and Peace,
Marriage is the foundation of the family, and the family is the foundation of society. This is the Creator’s original intent for mankind. Strong marriages result in strong families, and strong families result in a strong and resilient society.
Today, many evil forces have set their sights on the dissolution of marriage and the debasing of family life. The source of these attacks is none other than the Father of Lies. Satan knows all too well that the family contributes to the fabric of a good society, as well as the future of God’s work on earth.
What can we do? We can do what Jesus did when He was attacked by Satan, we fight back using God’s word. Our Strong Families Initiative means personally reaching out to families and offering them God’s truth and God’s love, helping them to grow as disciples of Jesus Christ. We bring the light of Christ to enrich marriages, foster biblical parenting, promote financial peace, and offer a pathway for recovery to those who seek freedom in Christ. We offer godly fellowship for couples and families. We engage our mature members as friends, prayer partners, and mentors to younger couples and parents. We ministering to our own families at Christ Church, and in the community.
We need your help. For the Strong Family Initiative to be effective, we need everyone to get involved, whether quietly in prayer, helping, or leading. The impact we have on husbands and wives, parents, and children depends on each of us. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Pray: Pray for families by name, and for Strong Families leaders, participants, and programs. Prayer updates are being provided.
- Reach Out: Personally reach out to a couple or a parent. Encourage them and walk with them through marriage and/or parenting. Introduce them to others at Christ Church.
- Help: Personally help with a class or event, attend and support this work. Host a gathering in your home. Volunteer for Children or Youth Ministries.
- Mentor: Serve as a marriage, parenting, recovery, or financial mentor. Training is being provided.
- Invite: Ask family members and friends to come enjoy this ministry. Your personal invitation is critical.
We need you to help us fight for families. I encourage you to contact Fr. Jonathan Hartzer and discuss how you might get involved in this vital ministry, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 288-3440.
May God bless us, our church family, and the families in our community as we share the truth of God’s word and spread the love of Christ.